Subject: Foul Play
From: Dan Handshue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Mar 1998 14:28:14 -0500

All of the talk about this film reminded me of the filming of it here in SF.
The front facade and rotunda of the city hall were dressed for the
"Pope's visit" - a stand in for the SF War Memorial Opera House.
 One morning I heard a commotion outside my window (on Sacramento
Street) and looked out to see a gentleman using a phone booth, which
had never been there before. Suddenly a limousine came racing up the
street and crashed through the phone booth - leaving the caller with the
receiver in hand...
I never saw the film, so I can't say what performance was going on in
the ertsatz Opera House.
Dan