Subject: Re: Eva von der Osten
From: Harold Byrnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 18 Mar 1998 02:12:23 -0500

Jonathan Brown wrote:

>Preiser has never issued any records of her before, and I've never heard
>her. I wonder whether anyone else has?

It's rather late now as I write this, so I won't go into great detail,
but Eva von der Osten was the star soprano of the Dresden Opera for
almost 30 years, and was creator of the role of Octavian in Der
Rosenkavalier. In 1914 she sang Kundry in the English premiere of
Parsifal at Covent Garden. She also managed the world premiere of
Strauss' Arabella at the Dresden Opera in 1933. I do find it strange that
she has been rather neglected on CD, and even on LP. Hal

Harold Byrnes ([log in to unmask]) No attachments
                           ([log in to unmask]) Attachments

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]