Subject: Rysanek's death and funeral and memorial arrangements.
From: Michael Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:55:55 -0800

text/enriched (242 lines)

>Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 18:49:07 -0800

>To: [log in to unmask]

>From: Michael Barclay <<[log in to unmask]>

>Subject: Rysanek's Death Announcement

>Bcc:

<excerpt>>Date: Tue, 17 Mar 1998 17:50:42 -0800

>To: [log in to unmask]

>From: Michael Barclay <<[log in to unmask]>

>Subject: Rysanek's Death Announcement

>Bcc:

>Dear Listers,                          March 17, 1998

>Today the official "Lebensfeier" certificate arrived from Leonie's
husband, Ernst

>Ludwig Gausmann.  I wish I had a scanner and could send in its
beautiful form.  It is

>on ivory parchment with an art-deco frame in deep navy blue.  The
lettering is in the

>same navy or black.  I am going to present it to you in a mixture of
its original German

>and French and my own English paraphrase--bear with me as this is most
difficult emotionally

>and also the document uses many formal idiomatic phrases:

>Across the top is a quote from Die Frau Ohne Schatten, Act III:

>                                   "Aus unsern Taten steigt ein
Gericht!

>                           Aus unsern Herzen ruft die Posaune, die uns
laedt"

>                       (Hugo von Hofmannsthal "Die Frau Ohne Schatten,
3. Akt)

>translation:                  "From our deeds a judgement rises!

>                             From our hearts call the trombones which
lead us on!"

>                                               Meine innigst geliebte
Frau

>                              My most deeply beloved wife

>                                 KAMMERSAENGERIN

RYSANEK-GAUSMANN

of the Vienna Festival

>                   Honored Member of the Vienna State Opera

>               Commandeur dans l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres

>                                   Recipient of the Great Golden
Symbol of Honor

>                           for her services to her country, The
Republic of Austria

>               Recipient of the Republic Medal of Honor, First Class

>                         from the Federal Republic of Germany

>                    Recipient of the Chivalric Cross of the Maltese Order

>                                     Recipient of the Honor Ring of
Lotte Lehmann

>                            and innumerable additional and foreign
awards of honor

>               has departed from us after a terrible illness on March 7,
1998

>                              In tiefer Trauer und Dankbarkeit

>                               In deepest sorrow and gratitude

>Lotte Rysanek and                                              Kurt and Sonja Rysanek

>Dkfm. Herbert Doerler        Marcus Gausmann

>                       Bettina and Antonia Meinert             Lotte Lederer-Rysanek

>Alfred and Heidi Rysanek                                  Dominik, Stefanie and Elisabeth

>Monika Mayer-Rysanek

>Familie, Relations and Friends will say "Farewell" to her on Tuesday,
17 March 1998, with

>a funeral at 15:30 Uhr in the Dr. Karl Lueger-Memorialchurch and then
at the Vienna

>Central Cemetary (Entrance No. 2).  She will be burried in a Grave of
Honor of Vienna.

>The Requiem Mass will take place on Tuesday, 24 March, 1998 in the
Parrish Church of

>      St. Peter and St. Paul in Erdberg (3, Apostelgasse 1) at 18:00
Uhr (6 PM).

>                       Vienna, March 10, 1998

>                                                    </bigger>1040
Brahmsplatz 7

<bigger>>It was the express wish of Leonie Rysanek-Gausmann, that
rather than sending floral tributes

>donations be made to the SOS-Kinderdorf International (Save the
Children Foundation).

>"World Wide Help", CA-BV, Kto.-Nr. 044438000.

>NB: Lee requested donations be made to the account CA-BV, Kto-Nr.
044438000, the bank

>account of the Save the Children Foundation International "World Wide
Help".  For those of us

>in the US we might choose a similar "childrens' charity" and direct
them to notify Herr

>Gausmann at: Herrn Ernst Ludwig Gausmann, 1040 Brahmsplatz 7, W I E N
 Austria.

>Warmly and with great sorrow for all those who will miss her forever,
I remain,

>Michael Barclay

>Opera Education International/OEI  [log in to unmask]
www.operalover.net

</bigger>>

</excerpt>