Subject: Re: Stephanie Blythe Recital
From: David Hoffman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 17 Mar 1998 20:05:48 -0500

Martin Banner wrote:

> Anyone in NYC attend the debut recital of mezzo Stephanie Blythe with
> Warren Jones at the piano at Walter Reade Theatre? Reactions and thoughts
> welcome.
>
> Martin Banner
I was there, and thought it well worth a 360-mile round trip from
Harrisburg.  We'd seen Blythe twice at Wolf Trap Opera and once in
recital at Wolf Trap.  She's a tremendous talent, a bright personality,
and one whom I'll treasure.  Her range is wide, both in compass of voice
and in ability to communicate with her audience.  Brava, Stephanie!

David Hoffman
Harrisburg, PA