Subject: Operra in the Movies
From: Nancy Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 17 Mar 1998 13:54:22 -0800

I'm suffering from massive brain fade on details here, but I recall a movie
(late 70's - early '80's maybe?) starring Cher, Jack Nicholson, Susan
Sarandon, and another female star in which Nicholson played the devil.
Several famous arias, can't remember which ones, either.  But I do remember
that it, along with a college roommate's performance of Madame Butterfly,
piqued my interest in Opera.  Shortly thereafter I bought an album called
"Opera Goes to the Movies," and got hooked.