Subject: Re: Borodin's Prince Igor
From: Opvidfan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 17 Jan 1998 09:14:56 EST

Hi,

Prince Igor is a problematic opera as to edition used.  It was not completed.
The new performing edition used by the Kirov uses the extant Borodin + the
Rimsky-Korsokov/Glazonov edition + Lamm's unpublished vocal score + new
linking material by Faliek. I believe that the edition that the Kirov will use
is the same as the Phillips CD that was about 3 hrs and 11 min  according to
timings in the booklet.

The Cov Garden performance came in at 220 minuetes.  This was not the same
edition.

If this is a live performance it may have iadditional ntermission features,
intros etc.  I would put act 1 on a 120 and then act 2 and 3 on a 160 to be
safe although probably fit on 2 120s.

Have the tapes arrived?  I put a tracer here.  Tell your post office that they
were sent Global priority on the 22 of Dec 97, they are in a US post office
Global Priority red, white and blue envelope.

Take care,

Ray