Subject: AW: "Deh, vieni" and Ornamentation
From: David Geary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 16 Jan 1998 11:28:31 PST

Concerning the discussion on ornamentation in Deh vieni and so forth, I was in the chorus for a Figaro in Stratford, Can. in 1966 conducted by Bonynge with quite a lot of ornamentation. Too particualrly beautiful ones have remained in my mind all these years, one at the end of deh vieni, the other at the reprise of Dove Sono. (there was also a cadenza leading into the reprise, but I don't quite remember it. I'm including them as a file.

David Geary
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/David_Geary_3