Subject: Re: rare Callas on private label ...
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 21 Jan 1998 11:36:47 +0000

On 21 Jan 98 at 9:25, Frank Hamilton wrote:

>   The unknown recordings Vol. II:  DIVINA RECORDS DVN-4 contains...
>       - for the first time on CD the 5/31/63 London concert, minus
>         the orchestral selections and encore.
>
>       - The Kennedy birthday selections.
>
>       - Schuman's "Im wunderschoenen Monat Mai" from a private
>         concert in Paris (unfortunately surviving in abysmal sound).

You learn new things every day.  I thought (and think) that I
knew a great deal about her career and her repertoire and now
this piece of news.  Is this the only example of her singing
lieder that anyone knows about?  I was certainly surprised!
I can only imagine what it sounded like. Simplicity itself :-)
While I'm on the subject are there any other examples except
for the "Proch" variations of non operatic stuff.  Leave
"Ah Perfido" out of it, it's more operatic than a lot that
is.  Thanks for any information on this new facet of her
career.

Bobolink