Subject: Re: reservior Dogs
From: RWM30 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Jan 1998 18:28:48 EST

I knew, my earlier post about the movie Reservior Dogs being good operatic
material sounded a little insane the instant I sent it. Let me explain: It's
not Mr. Tarantino's wonderful dialogue that strikes me as operatic, but rather
the emotional intensity of the situation he creates by having Harvey Keitel's
character going WAY, WAY out on a limb to protect Tim Roth from the rest of
his vicious 'associates', while Tim Roth has gotten so caught up in his
undercover role (he's shot a bystander!) that he starts wonder if he owes it
to HK to fess up about being a cop, a confession which would likely result in
swift and unpleasant death for one or both of them. The high body count is
nothing new to opera.
---Regi