Subject: Casablanca as opera?
From: "CHARLES H. HANDELMAN" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 18 Jan 1998 00:34:59 -0500

I am now watching the film,"Casablanca" for the zillionth time. It is still
my all-time favorite film and I wonder if it could ever be some kind of
opera..i know....NO TOUCHA DA CLASSICS!!!!! However,I wish to cast it as
follows:

   Rick    Dwayne Croft
   Elsa    Patricia Racette
   Capt.Renard    Heinz Zednik
   Victor Lazslo     Placido Domingo
    Major Strasser     Ekkehard Wlaschiha
    Sam                       Vinson Cole
     Ugarte                   Anthony LaCiura

Not an easy job.....maybe I strayed a bit????? let's hear your ideas.....
CH,looking at you,kids.