Subject: Re: "Bouncing Tosca"
From: Robert T Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 7 Jul 1997 08:49:18 -0500

Robert Long says:
>BTW, does it make any sense that La Tosca would be wearing a train at
>6 in the morning, or whatever time the execution is supposed to be?

It makes sense only if you ignore the text. Tosca tells Cavarodossi that she
collected her money and jewelry, so it's clear that she went home after
Scarpia's murder. So she changes into something suitable for travelling, and
commonsense dictates that she would choose something as inconspicuous as
possible.

---Robert T. Jones ([log in to unmask])

        "I know everything. Half of it I really know, the rest I make up."
        (Al Carmines)