Subject: call for papers: Opera and Popular Culture (fwd)
From: Tobias Abse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:08:05 +0000

---------- Forwarded message ----------

  I am forwarding this from the VICTORIA list - of course, it may already
have been sent to Opera-l, in which case I apologise for duplicati0n -
haven't caught up with this week's post yet.
        If I can give a paper at this conference, it might make up for my
disappointment at not being able to go to Chicago next month - I had hoped
to give a paper at a conference on THE VICTORIANS AND THE GERMANIC, which
you will agree is exactly my topic!
        I think this will be of interest to many members of Opera-l.
Dr. Jane Susanna ENNIS
"Wagner's music isn't as bad as it sounds"