Subject: Re: "Wann geht der naechste Schwann?"
From: Hubert Partl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:39:48 MET

> "Wann geht der naechste Schwan?"

This is what Leo Slezak said loudly on stage in Lohengrin act 3,
when the swan "swam" away before he had "boarded" him.

As far as I know, it is not the title of an autobiography but
of a collection of stories and anecdotes about Leo Slezak, perhaps
by his son Walter Slezak?

--
Dr. Hubert Partl                 * If music be the food of love,
Wien, Austria (Europe)           * play on.  (W.Sh., 12th Night)