Subject: G&S In San Francisco
From: Alice Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Mar 1997 12:29:09 -0800

For those of you living in the SF bay area, the current production of The
Mikado put on by the Lamplighters is outstanding (and this recommendation
is from a highly critical former member of the company in the mid 1960's)
I saw the matinee yesterday afternoon.  The entire cast that I saw was
excellent with a couple of really outstanding performances.  Its double
cast, so I can't speak for the alternates.  The cast I saw included:

NP  Kphn Emery Smith
PT  Charles Martin
PB  Tim Hart (outstanding)
KK  Rick Williams (outstanding)
YY  Alicia von Kugelgen (outstanding)
PS  Hope Flannery
Peep  Holly O'Hair Hay (weak)
Jean Ziaga (strange vocal problems in the middle register)

The conductor was Baker Peeples --an outstanding musician and former
performer of the patter parts.

The production is dedicated to the memory of LeRoy Miller, former musical
director and accompanist of the company who died recently.  In the days
before the company could afford to have an orchestra, the performances were
accompanied by two pianos --one of which was played by LeRoy.  He was a
great guy and a wonderful friend.

--Alice

Alice R. Taylor