Subject: Opera versions of Henry James
From: Michael Halliwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Mar 1997 21:08:45 +1000

I sent out a request for information of operatic versions of Henry
James's fiction some time ago (10 Feb) and had but one reply. I would
greatly appreciate it if anyone could supply information on the
following points.
I'm researching a project on operas based on the fiction of Henry James
and I seem to recall reading (I think in Opera News some two or three
years ago, perhaps more) about a forthcoming opera (then) based on
James's Portrait of a Lady. Can anyone tell me anyting about this? I'm
also looking for either sound recordings or video recordings of Thea
Musgrave's The Voice of Ariadne, Thomas Pasatieri's Washington Square,
Douglas Moore's The Wings of the Dove, and Philip Hageman's The Aspern
Papers. I'd be most grateful if someone could supply information
concerning any (or all) of these works.

Michael Halliwell
Sydney University Conservatorium of Music