Subject: Who are you and what have you done with Sharon Sweet?
From: "Stephen L. Parker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Mar 1997 12:14:13 -0800

Listers:

I went into yesterday's broadcast thoroughly prepared to hate and tear
Ms. Sweet apart.  Was I in for a surprise.  I found her voice to be solid
and not the whispy thing I experienced last year in Aida and La Forza del
Destino.  If only she had sung Forza this way!  Her phrasing was
excellent as was that of the conductor, Adam Fischer.  That third act.

Now please do not get me wrong - this performance was not perfect nor
among the most memorable.  When you take into consideration what her past
is, it was a marked improvement.  Is it too late?  Probably to save her
reputation.  It was a commendable performance.

Juan Pons was not his usual blustery self.  Micahel Sylvester sounded
great.

Thanks for listening,
Stephen