Subject: Today's B'cast-a review
From: Ed Streim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:26:52 -0500

Let me be the very first to say what a horrible performance this was of a
beloved work.

Sylvester has totally lost his voice which at some point about 4 years ago, I
actually enjoyed.  He has resorted to a bellow and a snort for dramatic
effect.

Sharon Sweet sounds like a locamotive train out of control. (and on the wrong
track!!)

I loved Juan Pons, as always, bringing up the show a few notches.

Of course, our opera lister, Sondra, as the priestess, was just fabulous.
 Great job Sondra.

I will now put on a real Aida with Zinka, Delmonico and Warren.  Now thats
singing!!

As ever,

Ed