Subject: Re: Carmen recommendations
From: Moraes Zogoiby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:19:49 -0500

My three favourites:

Tatiana Troyanos, Kiri Te Kanawa, Jose Van Dam, Placido Domingo

Teresa Berganza, Ileana Cotrubas, Domingo (can't recall the Escamillo)

Rise Stevens, Jan Peerce, et al

Others I like, but aren't my favourites:

Callas/Gedda
Price/Bergonzi

One I hated:
Simionata conducted by Von Karajan.  I never knew the Habanera could be a
Wagnerian dirge before hearing that recording.

Moor