Subject: Re: Dramatic Sopranos / NILSSON
From: "PeteGrimes (Philip van Lidth de Jeude)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Mar 1997 17:03:56 -0500

Dear List,

Doberwoman writes:

<<birgit is not the only "bright" voiced dramatic soprano, either.
other listers can probably come up with more examples besides traubel and
farrell (the only ones i can think of right now).>>

I always have felt that Flagstad had a very bright sound, and she certainly
rates as one of the all-time dramatic sopranos.
Philip van Lidth de Jeude

"In dreams I've built myself some kindlier home,
Warm in my heart and in a golden calm..."

                                  PETER GRIMES (Montagu Slater)