Subject: It means even more
From: Paul Fryer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Mar 1996 08:30:42 +0000

list mean to you ?" (and an excellent response it was).
May I add a further point.
For me it also means contact.
I am researching a Ph.D. thesis here in the UK that would have been so
much easier if I had been in the US. Most of the primary research
material I need to have access to is on the other side of the Atlantic !
Bad planning you might say.
The members of Opera-L have been a constant source of help and
encouragement in my work and have, through their own networks,
immeasurably widened my own field of contacts.
I really believe in the research capabilities of the net and of email in
particular.
Here in the UK we are a little behind in our thinking on this matter, but
we are catching up. I am lucky that I work for a college that is
committed to widening the use of email and net services in general.
I can only say that members of Opera-L will get a special mention in the
credits of my thesis when it finally reaches completion.
Best Wishes,
Paul Fryer
Goldsmiths College, University of London.