Subject: Re: What? *^|#@$% etc. Someone Likes Sharon Sweet?
From: Keith O Chapman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Mar 1996 15:56:24 -0600

On Wed, 13 Mar 1996, Gaston C. Maurin wrote:

> As Houston's Leonora, which I also heard live, we got:
>
> D'amo sull'ali rosee (Chop)
> Vanne sospir (Breath) dolente (Chop)
> Del prigioniero (Breath) ...etc.
>
> Houston hasn't invited her back. Wonder what that says.

This and the fact that she made impossible demands for her performance of
Aida the next season so that she pulled out of that contract.  Schade.  We
got Andrea Gruber instead.  Another one in Ms. Sweet's category around
here is Alessandra Marc.  After her three *nasty* performances singing the
soprano solo in the Verdi REQUIEM (I was at one concert only - friends at the
other two had the *exact* same complaints I did), Ms. Marc has not been
invited to sing in Houston again.  Maybe they're already booked and
can't, but I've certainly not missed either of their presence -
something *very* hard to do.  Meow!  :-)

Toodles,