Subject: Re: Berganza concert
From: David Fox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Mar 1996 09:44:25 -0500

Berganza was one of my first great loves -- I bought the Mozart recital
when I was a kid, and I couldn't believe that a voice could be so
beautiful.  I still feel the same way when I hear the early Mozart and
Rossini recordings, though in her later work I've noticed the whiteness and
pitch problems Isidoro describes.

So I began reading your review with heavy heart, only to rejoice that -- in
some contexts, at least -- Berganza still has the old magic.  Brava Teresa,
and thanks Isidoro for your review!

Cheers,
David

David Fox, Associate Director
College of General Studies, University of Pennsylvania