Subject: Re: What?!?! Someone likes Sharon Sweet?!?
From: "Stankiewicz, Warren, NF1J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 13 Mar 1996 08:50:00 EST

Hi, my name's Warren, and I like Sharon Sweet.

I like a couple of other singers that many on this net can't stand, too, but
that's a post for another time.

Yes, she's not without her flaws. And she can deliver as many bad
performances as she does thrilling ones (reference her Verdi Requiem at
Tanglewood this past summer.)

I have met her once, after one of her better evenings on stage, and told her
point blank that she had improved greatly in the role (Donna Anna) as
opposed to a year before. And she surprised me, by saying "Yes, I know."

She's also had some really bad colds she's had to try to sing through, which
apparently was not that good an idea.

I'll not recount the entire conversation, but this is someone who knows that
she's not perfect, but at least has the common sense to work hard at trying
to become better. This puts her ahead of a lot of other people who traipse
across the Met stage these days.

I hope she does continue working; improves; and am looking forward to some
really stellar performances one of these days.

Please don't flame me; this is all IMHO. Unless, of course, we want to get
started on some of the *other* unpopular Opera-L performers I tend to
enjoy...:-)

Warren ([log in to unmask])