Subject: SF/Asking for/offering ticket stubs
From: Susan Romig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Nov 1995 23:18:58 -0500

Barbara Brister wrote:

"Last week my mother and I chose to leave a performance early (came and
saw Ramey and the set at least, Kellia!) When we got outside and were
obviously leaving, a gentleman approached and asked whether he could have
one of our ticket stubs so he could see the rest of the program. I was
left somewhat speechless, but saw no reason other that pure selfishness
to deny his request. This was a first for me; have others encountered
this level of chutzpah??? I hope he enjoyed the show and did nothing to
bring criticism on us for our generosity. What would you all have done???"

I don't know about SF, but during our two summers in Santa Fe (90 & 91) it
seemed to be common practice for those leaving early to OFFER their stubs to
standees.  I never asked for a ticket, but was offered (and accepted) stubs
many times.  As a then college student unable to afford a seat, I was really
grateful to these thoughtful and unselfish patrons who realized that it was
silly to leave a good seat empty, even though they "owned" it for that
evening.

Susan Romig