Subject: Re: Pavarotti is out
From: Judy Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Nov 1995 10:24:46 AST

<Pavarotti update-Luciano has cancelled today's Matinee of Fille!!!
No one here is sure if he'll sing the rest. As far as his high C-s are
concerned,well he didn't sing ANY. At the first two performances he did
transpose the aria down one half step. Fine, but the press should get
their facts straight!!!>

If I read the sending time right, I'm intrigued as to how William
Prien knew this at 10.48 am.  When we arrived at the Met at 12.45,
everyone was denying any knowledge beyond what had been printed in
the NYT on Friday (Pav would sing all remaining performances,
transposing Ah mes amis half a tone, there would be no broadcast,
etc).  Obviously most people in the crowd did not know.  We found out
in conversation with a woman who had just come from the stage door.
There were no slips in the programs.
Judy Kennedy
St.Thomas University
Fredericton, N.B., Canada