Subject: Gruberova's Nightingale label
From: Giovanni Christen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 13 Nov 1995 09:23:55 +0100

Nakamura Akira wrote:
>Edita Gruberova's recording on a Swiss label Nightingale, set up
>primarily to record her works (since major labels seem to be interested
>only in the name recognition of CHeryl Studer and the like).

This Spring I read an interview with Gruberova (on OperaGlas). She was
asked about her label Nightingale. She told about her previous (last?)
recording for a major label (I do not remind which work & conductor).
She said that SHE DID NOT MEET THE CONDUCTOR. She had found a recorded
track, she was supposed to sing over it. Her man had to take the timings
of cadenzas, so she could fit her singing to the tape...

Now you know WHY she has a private label...

Giovanni Christen - Zurich