Subject: Birgit Nilsson sang from Walkure Tuesday!
From: Bjorn Wisted <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Nov 1995 10:07:43 +0100

Tuesday I heard Birgit Nilsson sing Ho-yo-to-ho on tv in a very recently
recorded programme. The occasion was soprano Ingrid Bjoner's 68th birthday,
which was yesterday. Norwegian television - NRK - had made one of those
"This is your life" programmes about Bjoner. It could have been very
interesting, as Bjoner is a charming, talkative lady who has had a great
career. Too bad it turned out to be quite the opposite.
But, as Bjoner and Nilsson are great friends, Nilsson was there. She came on
singing the battle cry.
It seems Nilsson's book is finally finished and hitting the Swedish market
these days. I for one will buy it as soon as I can lay my hands on a copy.
Norwegians read Swedish without much trouble.

Bjorn Wisted