Subject: La stupenda
From: Charles Handelman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Nov 1995 22:42:25 -0500

Sutherland was hilarious in Fille...and vocally stunning..Sills was a totally
different package..and great as well.Both singers,in their respective ways,
scored great success. I do not know if Anderson is doing that awful spreading
that has crept into her toine as of late..at one point she seemed to be a good
candidate for Sutherland's type of singing..round as well as bright. I wiuld
love to see Dessay in the part based on the Fiakermilli and the French concerts.
CH