Subject: Re: Pavarotti's Hike
From: JAMES G JOSENHANS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Nov 1995 15:18:29 -0500

November 8, 1995
Joe Volpe announced before Act II that Luciano had had a low grade fever and
was not able to finish.   The HiC  in (Pour Mes Amis)
was as if a youth's voice cracked.  I felt that it add a nice flavor to
the Marie-Tonio relationship but I felt badly for Pavarotti.  After that
he went down an about an octive for the rest.  Otherwise he was ok.
Jean-Luc Viala finished  without much power and very little feeling of
youth, about the same feelings I had in the  Frank Lopardo '94 Tonio.
Anderson was wonderful.                                      James Josenhans