Subject: Is the Met Lurking?
From: Bob Rideout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Nov 1995 12:23:07 -0500

Hello List -

Two sides of a coin.  I called the Met ticket service to order
two seats for Leonie's farewell (to the Met) on Jan 2 and stayed
on hold for a total of 145 "Please be patient" messages at 10
second intervals before hanging up in disgust.  Second time
I gave up after 110 by exact count.  UGH!  Same message, no human
intervention, you're not even sure you are actually connected to
a queue.  You used to tell us what number we were in the queue;
why did you stop that and leave us just hanging out there?

On Saturday, I got through almost immediately at about 3 in the
afternoon, and must tell you I had as courteous, knowledgable
and pleasant service, oh yes, patient as well, as could possibly
be expected.  So if you are lurking out there Mr. and Mrs. Met, look
to your strengths and try to build on them very quickly before you
lose a lot more good will.  Enough!

Cheers!

Bobolink