Subject: Inside info on Big P's high Cs (sic)
From: Richard Slade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 9 Nov 1995 08:52:42 -0500

A friend of mine, who has reason to know (but I cannot divulge my source)
informs me that Pavarotti took Pour mon ame down a whole step at the dress
rehearsal and down a half step at the first performance. And the shame of the
whole thing is that Pav used to be a charming Tonio, and he could still do
that, but now everything is focussed on those silly notes so he cannot even
devote himself to giving what he still has to give.

Richard Slade ([log in to unmask])