Subject: Re: Trittico (excerpts) from the Met as heard on WQXR today.
From: Ron Magnuson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 8 Dec 2018 17:59:39 -0500

I did give it my undivided attention but ended up drawing the same conclusions as you did.  There was a lot of undistinguished singing throughout the afternoon and some eardrum-shattering high “C”s.  The major exception for me was Stephanie Blythe who sounded like the only one there with a healthy voice.  Her Principessa was demonically blood-curling. I will soon forget the rest of today’s performance.
Bertrand de Billy turned some lovely phrases trying to bail out this group and was enough of  presence to sustain my attention.

Ron Magnuson