Subject: Re: Barbara Hannigan/ Ligeti
From: Ulrik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Dec 2018 06:01:56 -0500

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 21:15:32 -0600, Les Mitnick
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Watched this for about six minutes and had to get rid of it.  If this is where
serious vocal music is heading, I'm bailing out.

Well, as far as I know, this piece was prepared in 1992 on the basis of Ligeti's
opera Le Grand Macabre which was written 1974-1977. So, as the music is
already more than 40 years old, this is hardly "where serious music is
heading".

I find it quite fun - but not something I plan on listening to on a regular or
even semi-regular basis. I saw Le Grand Macabre in Copenhagen quite some
years ago and I found it to be an interesting evening.

Ulrik