Subject: Re: Turandot
From: Geoffrey Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Dec 2018 23:17:31 -0500

On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 22:52:03 -0500, R PRADA <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I remember I knew a woman who was writing an article about the opera for
Opera News and came out with a final judgement that the final T gets
pronounced. I was a newbie and had never heard the opera but I do remember
her research, or more precisely the energy behind it.

[Geoffrey Riggs] With respect, energy is all I see among the denialists who
pretend that Raisa et all are non-persons.  Unless this woman you reference
happened to come up with DIRECT and COGENT reasons addressing DIRECTLY just
how come the original Turandot AND Ping AND Pang AND Pong AND conductor
could all be coincidentally uniformly wrong(!) on this question, any
"declaration" that the T gets pronounced is just wishful thinking.

Seriously,

Geoffrey Riggs