Subject: Re: Turandot
From: Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 5 Dec 2018 23:13:01 -0500

Turandot is one of my favs, so I've seen a fair number of productions in
theaters.  I can't remember details, but it seems to me I have heard
Turandot's name pronounced both ways even in the same performance.  After a
while, I just assumed the T was there (or not) depending on where the word
fell in the musical line.

But I defer to those who know the nuances of musical language better than I.