Subject: Re: Stunned After Last Few Measures of an Opera
From: Myriam Hernandez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Dec 2018 20:30:08 -0500

Not exactly like a taser gun, but for me the sweeping finale of Siegfried
always leaves me elated. Other finales that shock me for their dramatic
intensity are:

Chenier - just to know that the protagonists are walking to the guillotine
grind my nerves. The same for Luisa Miller, with both fathers looking at
their children lying dead at their feet.
As for Mefistofele's finale, the combination of the devil's shouts and
whistling just gives me the creeps. Most times I end up turning off the
radio before the finale.

Myriam