Subject: Re: Stunned After Last Few Measures of an Opera
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Dec 2018 15:36:47 -0700

For me, the greatest final moment of any opera is the last orchestral music
at the end of Gotterdammerung.  The return of the ring to the Rhine and
redemption.  I am always left humbled and breathless when the last chords
sound.

Other endings which leave me speechless:

Wotan's Farewell and Magic Fire Music
The end of La Fanciulla Del West - Addio mia California Addio - leave me in
tears.
Deh non volerli vitime - Norma
Vicino a te - Andrea Chenier
Niun mi tema - Otello
The finale to Les Dialogues des Carmelites

A few off the top of my head.

Donald