Subject: Re: Mefistofele (excerpts) from the Met today, as heard on WQXR
From: David Kubiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 3 Dec 2018 14:53:58 -0500

Bob Rideout is such a superb judge of voices I am surprised that I differ so
much from him in my judgment of Fabiano.  The voice seemed in complete
tatters to me, every note above the staff hoarse and strained, and many that
simply would not rise to the proper pitch, as at the climax of 'Dai prati'.
 About Angela Meade, however, I could not agree with Bob more -- ugly
wobbling, which is, I guess, her speciality.  I did not hear the opening and
so did not form much of an opinion about the bass, but am glad he seems
promising.

David Kubiak