Subject: Re: Dimingo's Yearly income
From: Paul Ricchi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Dec 2018 08:58:22 -0500

My defense has always been of Domingo’s RIGHT to work, and our RIGHT to not
be present.

Anything else around the Domingo issue is a side issue: opinion much of
which I share, snark and envy.

I tried to listen to a video of Rigoletto, and could not get through the
the seduction bamboozlement.

There is a sub-species of opera fanatics (they know who they are) who will
thrive on this shit. And he is a big fat target: they can abhor is singing,
conducting, and administration. They are much like a subspecies of baseball
fanatics who think they can manage a baseball team as well as anyone in the
job now. Most of them do not even know the infield fly rule.

I am much more concerned with active singers in opera who do not quite
measure up. Let’s say that Domingo is now a mediocrity, at least he is a
revenue producer. I am concerned with the mediocre singers - lacking the
excuse of age and celebrity - who cannot mitigate their shortcomings with
revenue production.