Subject: REMINDER Live OTELLO Free this Sunday Munich: Petrenko; Harteros, Kaufmann, Finley
From: E J Michel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Dec 2018 14:21:22 -0500

started at 1 pm ET... repeats for 24 hours from today

Bayrische Staatsoper
Liebe Besucher,

As we write this newsletter snow is falling in Munich and Christmas is
undeniably waiting around the corner. So, for one we have a pre-Christmas
gift for you in form of a free live stream of our highly anticipated new
production Otello and for another we have plenty gift ideas for you to give
to others. Enjoy!

Kind regards,
The Bayerische Staatsoper Team

Sunday: Free live stream of Otello with Kirill Petrenko

A few days ago we celebrated the first premiere of the season: Giuseppe
Verdi's Otello. Kirill Petrenko conducts the Bayerisches Staatsorchester in
a production by Amélie Niermeyer. Jonas Kaufmann assumes the title role,
while Anja Harteros (Desdemona) and Gerald Finley (Jago) can be enjoyed at
his side.

On 2 December we will be broadcasting the performance live and free of
charge on STAATSOPER.TV. In addition there will be a 24 hours video on
demand the following day.

Live stream
Giuseppe Verdi
Otello
Sun, 2 December 2018, 7 pm (CET)
Conductor: Kirill Petrenko
Production: Amélie Niermeyer
With Jonas Kaufmann (Otello), Anja Harteros (Desdemona), Gerald Finley
(Jago)

24 hours video on demand
The performance will be available as VOD from 3 December, 12 pm (noon) to 4
December, 11.59 am. You can start the stream until 12 pm on Tuesday and
still watch the whole opera. The vod is free of charge as well!

www.staatsoper.tv

Live stream background info via #BSOotello
During the live stream we'll be providing background info and fun facts via
the hashtag #BSOotello on Twitter. Join the conversation!

Our STAATSOPER.TV programme 2018/19

Bedřich Smetana
The Bartered Bride
Sun, 6 January 2019, 6 pm (CET)
Conductor: Tomáš Hanus
Production: David Bösch
With Selene Zanetti (Marie), Pavol Breslik (Hans), Günther Groissböck
(Kezal)

Ernst Krenek
Karl V.
Sat, 23 February 2019, 7 pm (CET)
Conductor: Erik Nielsen
Production: Carlus Padrissa – La Fura dels Baus
With Bo Skovhus (Karl V), Anne Schwanewilms (Isabella), Wolfgang
Ablinger-Sperrhacke (Franz I.)

Giacomo Puccini
La fanciulla del West
Sat, 30 March 2019, 7 pm (CET)
Conductor: James Gaffigan
Production: Andreas Dresen
With Anja Kampe (Minnie), Brandon Jovanovich (Dick), John Lundgren (Jack)

George Balanchine
Jewels
Thu, 11 April 2019, 7.30 pm (CEST)
Music: Gabriel Fauré, Igor Strawinsky, Peter I. Tschaikowsky
Soloists and ensemble of the Bayerisches Staatsballett

24 hours video on demand
This performance will be available as VOD from 12 April, 12 pm (noon) to 13
April, 11.59 am.

Christoph Willibald Gluck
Alceste
Sat, 1 June 2019, 7 pm (CEST)
Conductor: Antonello Manacorda
Production: Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui
With Dorothea Röschmann (Alceste), Charles Castronovo (Admète), Michael
Nagy (Le Grand-Prêtre d’Apollon / Hercule)

Richard Strauss
Salome
Sat, 6 July 2019, 8 pm (CEST) – Opera for all
Conductor: Kirill Petrenko
Production: Krzysztof Warlikowski
With Marlis Petersen (Salome), Wolfgang Koch (Jochanaan), Wolfgang
Ablinger-Sperrhacke (Herodes), Michaela Schuster (Herodias)

24 hours video on demand
The performance will be available as VOD from 7 July, 12 pm (noon) to 8
July, 11.59 am.

Best regards,
Elizabeth

E J Michel