Subject: Re: Mefistofele (excerpts) from the Met today, as heard on WQXR
From: Sergio Da Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 2 Dec 2018 09:29:14 -0500

I have yet to hear Fabiano not strained at the top, it seems to me a problem with the passaggio.
Horn was ok but his Italian was not good which is essential in this role.
Meade rearranged all the furniture in my house with her singing! Vibrato, wooble and trinado were indistinguishable since the quick vibrato is too pronounced.
Check was a good Helena.
Chorus and Orchestra top-notch, conducting was good.
Love this opera!

Sent from my iPhone