Subject: Re: Mefistofele (excerpts) from the Met today, as heard on WQXR
From: Peggy Houdek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Dec 2018 20:03:24 -0500

That’s interesting.  My first Mefistofele was Rossi-Lemeni in SF and my second was Treigle when I went to LA to hear him with NYCO.  I loved them both!  I’ve recently noticed many bad comments about Rossi-Lemeni.  He was super popular in SF back in the 50s.  He did several performances and everyone was quite taken with him.  Of course, you’re right.  They both did  a lot of leading an falling around the stage.(Rossi=Lemeni’s Boris death scene was spectacular!} I was very young back then, but I’ve heard them in my more mature years, and still like them.

What the heck!  We all have different opinions.  Makes it interesting!

Peggy