Subject: Re: Il Trittico at the Met, and Netflix's Zeus
From: donald kane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 1 Dec 2018 16:06:58 -0500

Each time she enters the name in her excellent review Ivy spells it
correctly.

The respect she holds for the Domingo phenomenon may not be as
blatant as the one I posted earlier, IN CAPITALS,  but I have to say that
I thought his participation in the clip from GIANNI SCHICCHI she attached
displays a remarkable clumsiness on his part, - it is an extraordinarily
clumsy segment altogether due, no doubt, to directorial inadequacy.

I wish too, that commentary on this superb comic masterpiece would
include recognition of the fact that the tune of her aria is exquisitely
forecast
by the orchestra, in Rinuccio's aria, long before Lauretta sings it;  it's
one
of Puccini's  "throw away" moments, and a more sublime highlight of the
opera IMO than "O mio babbino caro" itself.

dtmk