Subject: Re: ATILLA
From: Opera Passion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Dec 2018 23:23:17 +0100

Of course La Scala is infinitely more important than a random revival
performance of TROVATORE in Chicago. And anyone who would turn that
opportunity down is frankly an idiot. Chicago may be the second most
important theatre in the USA, but it doesn't break the top 10 for worldwide
importance.  ATILLA was broadcast on the local state TV RAI1 viewed by
millions of people and also broadcast on RAI3 Radio, and attended by the
president of Italy Sergio Mattarella. I found that George Petean gave a
wonderful performance and I am happy for his success. We shouldn't
denigrate performers for taking once in a lifetime opportunities that could
be life changing.

There is no doubt that Artur Rukinski was fantastic. I saw him in Lucia di
Lammermoor and I found his voice to be beautiful and very convincing. I
would I could see him in TROVATORE.  He's an incredible performer and him
jumping into Chicago is a good opportunity as well.

~ Opera Passion