Subject: ATILLA
From: "Anderson, Marshall B" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Dec 2018 18:52:36 +0000

Interesting that George Petean is listed for this ATILLA:  I believe that he was supposed to have been in Lyric Opera of Chicago's TROVATORE but pulled out....  The performances/rehearsals are roughly at the same time:  I guess opening night at La Scala is more important???  In any case, in Chicago we had Artur Rukinski as di Luna and, at least last Monday evening, he was tremendous!  In over 40 years of opera-going, I've never heard "Il Balen" done with such long-lined (no breath) phrases - not even from Hvorostovksy!  La Scala's "gain?" was certainly LOC's gain!!!

Marshall Anderson

Subject: Dov'e Attila?

Operacast is not listing this, but this should be on - at least on some s= tation or another - right=20 now.  RAI Radio 3 lists it in a way, but is instead broadcasting the news= .  Does anybody have=20 any idea what is going on?

Attila Live from the stage of La Scala is conducted by Riccardo Chailly, = staged by Davide=20 Livermore, of course a new production because it is December 7, la festa = di Sant'Ambrogio.
Ildar Abdrazakov sings the title role, and Saioa Hernandez is Odabella,  = a new Spanish soprano=20 who in temperament and voice is or could be una forza di natura.  In the = supporting cast are=20 Fabio Sartori, George Petean, and Gianluca Buratto.