Subject: Re: Ligeti, Turandot
From: Donald Levine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Dec 2018 11:43:25 -0700

With all due respect to all who have followed in the role and pronounce it
Turandott, I would believe Raisa is correct.  She was the first Turandot
and worked directly with Puccini and Toscanini.  I am sure the three of
them were in agreement and I would take her word as creator of the role
over any musicologist, conductor, singer or coach decades later.

Donald