Subject: Re: Why is everyone ignoring THIS?
From: A Katalin Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Dec 2018 13:17:00 -0500

Oh finally someone comments on the fact that nobody seems to make up their minds about how to pronounce Khashoggi...
It is  too funny!!!

And please enough of that TTTTT!

´╗┐On 12/7/18, 11:59 AM, "Discussion of opera and related issues on behalf of Bob Rideout" <[log in to unmask] on behalf of [log in to unmask]> wrote:

    Geoffrey

    Methinks you've really taken leave of your senses.

    Yes, Raisa's comments are relevant. But, I don't really care.
    The recordings I own all sound to me as though the final T is
    pronounced. But, one mo' time, I don't really care.

    And while we're at it, and getting crazy over absolutely nothing -
    why can't newscasters get the pronunciation of Khashoggi right.
    They are almost evenly split between "gee" and "ghi". Geoff,
    I find that much more important than the T in Turandot, and the
    denial of facts in that case worth a hell of a lot more outrage.
    You're wasting an awful lot of energy about something that
    is relatively no more important than "how many angels can dance
    on the head of a pin.

    Just my opinion!

    Bob