Subject: Re: Why is everyone ignoring THIS?
From: Geoffrey Riggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Dec 2018 11:16:07 -0500

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 07:23:03 -0500, Idia Legray
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Did ja ever hear the song "You say tomayto,  I say
tomahto, you say
>potayto, I say potahto, tomayto, potayto, tomahto,
potahto ...
>LET'S CALL THE WHOLE THING OFF!
>
>Bottom line: With so many nutty things going on (thanks
to a certain
>nutcase) in our sadly divisive world today, what is so
terrible about
>allowing each to choose his/her own way of saying it and
just let it be?

>Season's best to you.
____________________

[GR] Thing is, a la-di-da declaration that the creator of a
title role is not a good witness(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) while offering
no explanation for that absurd conclusion is symptomatic
of this nutcase world: So facts are no longer facts and we
can cancel any facts our lordships don't like purely by not
even addressing them. That Orwellian-think has now
permeated musical "scholarship" on this board. It's
NAUSEATING.

W-H-Y ARE THE CREATOR OF THE TITLE ROLE AND
OTHER MEMBERS OF THE PREMIERE CAST SUDDENLY
NOT RELEVANT WITNESSES TO THE ORIGINAL PIECE?
WILL NO ONE ON THE BOARD EVEN LOOK AT THIS
QUESTION, LET ALONE ADDRESS IT?

What the hell is this Orwellian board so afraid of?

Geoffrey Riggs
>To stay subscribed but TURN OFF mail, send a message
>[log in to unmask] containing only the words:
SET OPERA-L NOMAIL
http://listserv.bccls.org/archives/opera-l.html