Subject: Re: Ligeti, Turandot
From: Russ Geschke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 7 Dec 2018 03:18:42 -0600

It's very good that you remembered that interview, and reminded the rest of
us of it.  It was actually author and at that time WFMT personality Studs
Terkel who interviewed Raisa, in November 1959.  (Karzas never interviewed
her.)  The interview, somewhat abridged, was included in a three-CD set,
"Rosa Raisa, The Complete Recordings", issued by Marston Records.  Raisa's
correction concerning the pronunciation of Turandot was cut from Marston's
edited version of the interview, but I do recall it from having heard a tape
of the complete interview.  At any rate, in the part of the interview that
Marston did use, Raisa can be heard repeatedly pronouncing the name  as
"Turandoh" no "t".