Subject: Re: How do you solve a priblem like Turandot/Turandoe?
From: Tom Frey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 6 Dec 2018 19:17:34 -0500

One would think that opera singers, with their training and voice coaches should know the correct pronunciation of the operas they are singing. When I sang with the chorus in a concert version of Turandot, we were told to sing the final T  and not some corrupt attempt which sounds like it's trying to be French or Czech-Republic.